Invisalign vs Braces
At Gympie Road Dental, we offer both treatment options to our patients and both are viable treatments for straighter teeth and improved oral health. So how does it differ from traditional braces? Whereas traditional braces are made from metal or clear polycarbonate brackets and fixed to your teeth, Invisalign braces are made from BPA-free clear plastic and are designed to be worn over your teeth.
Patients looking for a convenient and comfortable solution for a wide range of issues including gaps in teeth, open bites, crowded teeth, crossbites, open and underbites, or who want generally straighter teeth, may find Invisalign aligners the ideal solution for them.
Key Benefits of Invisalign Aligners
- Clear and Invisible – Invisalign treatment is perfect for young adults who want to have their teeth aligned but dislike the sight of traditional braces.
- Improved Comfort – Your aligners will gradually shift your teeth into the ideal position in a slow and controlled way, reducing orthodontic pain and discomfort.
- Less Likely to Break – Invisalign braces are less likely to break as they are designed as a single piece of clear plastic, meaning fewer emergency dental visits.
- Boost Your Oral Hygiene – As your aligners are removable, cleaning, brushing, and flossing are not compromised during treatment, which can lead to healthier teeth and gums.
- Faster Treatment Time – When worn for the recommended 20 – 22 hours a day, treatment takes on average between 6-18 months depending on individual patient circumstances.
- Easy to Clean – Simply brush your aligners under cold water or soak them in denture tablets for an easy clean.
- Greater Flexibility – With Invisalign, you can eat the food you like and play the contact sports you love.